SAP Testing is the organized testing of features and functionalities of various SAP modules. Many businesses and organizations make use of implement SAP ERP to carry out their business operations faster and effectively.
SAP Testing is all about testing the features and functionalities of the various SAP modules that are available and to make sure that they operate as per their defined configuration.
SAP System goes through a series of changes such as management of patches and fixes, implementations of new modules, and several other configuration changes. All these changes bring up a need for Regression testing to be carried out in SAP environments. Various automated SAP testing tools such as SAP Test Acceleration and Optimization tools can be employed for this purpose.
SAP TAO is an automation SAP system tool that is used to generate test cases for end-to-end use-cases of SAP applications. Aside from this, there are several other Automated SAP testing tools like ECATT, HP QTP, etc. that can be used.
Below are some of the features of SAP Testing
1. Unit Testing: It is a kind of ‘white-box’ testing that allows you to test a single unit or group of units in the SAP system.
2. Integration Testing: In this kind of testing, several SAP systems are joined together to test the total output of the integrated modules and system.
3. Functional Testing: This checks for the functionality of each module in the system as per the desired result.
4. Usability Testing: This allows you to check for how easy it is to use an application or a system. It checks for how easy it would be for a new user to make use of an application or to understand the system.
5. Acceptance Testing: Acceptance testing is carried out to test if an SAP system reaches up to the requirements of the user and whether to accept the application or system.
6. System Testing: In System Testing, the whole system is tested as per the requirement and specification.
7. Stress Testing: In this kind of testing, the SAP system is put into stress beyond its defined specification to check for when it fails.
8. Performance Testing: This testing is performed to check if the system meets the performance requirement.
9. Regression Testing: It includes testing the full application or system for the modifications.
10. Beta Testing: The aim of beta testing is to cover unexpected errors. It falls under the class of black-box testing. It is performed by releasing the version that comes first before the final product, called Beta.
11. Database Testing: Database testing is used to test the data in the database. It is performed using SQL statements.
12. ETL Testing: ETL testing is performed to ensure if data is correctly extracted, transformed, and loaded from a source system to a target system.
Some of the benefits of SAP Testing includes:
1. Cost and Predictability: SAP Testing lets a business or organization to reduce the cost of the development of SAP systems and to improve its predictability.
2. Compliance Requirement: SAP Testing makes sure that the SAP implementations in an organization are reaching up to the new compliance organization requirements and all the modules are functioning as per the expected configuration.
3. New Implementation and Configuration Changes: There are several different kinds of adjustments that are implemented in an SAP system, like fixes, patches, configurational changes, and new implementation. Therefore, SAP testing makes sure that all the modules are working as per requirement in a dynamic system environment.
4. Integration: SAP testing is carried out to test various reports, workflows and data flow, GUI forms, etc. It is used to check the system integration between different SAP modules. For example, if an order posting is carried out that needs action in the Sales and Distribution section, MM and FICO, then SAP testing checks the integration between these systems that are integrated.
5. Performance: SAP Testing is also used to make sure if the system will be able to meet up with the Service Level Agreements, the time taken by SAP System to carry out specific actions, the performance of the system, etc.
6. System Validation − SAP Testing has to do with the complete end-to-end testing and checking the validity of all SAP modules in the SAP ERP environment.
7. Quality and Revenue − SAP Testing is a type of testing that is essentially based on output and not like the regular testing techniques that are input-based. It makes sure there is quality in the SAP system and also focuses on the revenue and cost of the organization.
Manual testing basically means that you are testing software by yourself and manually without the use of any automated tools or even any script. In this category of testing, the tester heads the role of an end-user and tests the application to find and identify bugs or any unexpected behavior.
Several test cases, test plans or test scenarios are made used of by a regular manual tester to make sure that the testing is complete and accurate. Manual testing can also be called exploratory testing, this is because the testers search through the software to identify errors in it manually.
In the case of Automation testing, the human tester codes the scripts and then makes use of software tools to test the product. This process has to do with the automation of a regular manual testing process. Automation testing embodies re-running the test-cases several times that were carried out manually.
Automation testing is also used to test the software from performance, load and stress purpose. It is used to raise the coverage of the test. Automation testing improves accuracy and saves time and money in comparison to manual testing.
These tools can be used for Automation Testing:
1. HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)
3. SAP TAO
5. IBM Rational Functional Tester
8. Testing Anywhere
11. Visual Studio Test Professional
1. SAP Testing lets a business or organization to reduce the cost of the development of SAP systems and to improve its predictability.
2. SAP testing would let you develop applications that are fully tested, to avoid sudden breakdown.
3. SAP Testing helps to make sure that you develop quality software applications.
4. Job Opportunity and Career Advancement.
5. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
SAP Testing - Introduction
SAP Testing - Overview
SAP Testing - Types
SAP Testing - Manual & Automation
SAP Testing - SDLC
SAP Testing - Process
SAP Testing - Navigation
SAP Testing - Screen Flow
SAP Testing - Modules
SAP Testing - Interfaces
SAP Testing - Cases
SAP Testing - TAO
SAP Testing - TAO Folder Structure
Configure Quality Testing Center
SAP Testing - TAO Results Analysis
TAO Build & Execute Test Script
SAP Testing - TAO Consolidate
SAP Testing - TAO UI Scanner
SAP Testing - Automation Tools
SAP Testing - Solution Manager
SAP Testing - HP Business Process
SAP Testing - QTP
SAP Testing - Case Study
SAP Testing - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!