Microsoft's Visual Basic is basically an event-driven third-generation software programming language that is owned and managed by Microsoft for its Model COM (Component Object Model) programming model.
Microsoft wanted Visual Basic to be very easy to learn and code with. The name Visual Basic was derived from BASIC and it supports for the rapid application development (RAD) of various graphical user interface (GUI) software applications and direct access to databases by making use of Data Access Objects, ActiveX Data Objects or Remote Data Object and the creation of various ActiveX controls and objects.
Like the BASIC Software Programming Language, Microsoft Visual Basic was designed to have an easy learning curve. Software programmers can create and edit both simple and complex GUI programs.
Programming in Visual Basic is a combination of graphically arranging components or controls on a form window, along with defining and specifying the various attributes and actions for those features, and also writing additional lines of code for better performance and functionality.
Visual Basic can be used to develop system executables (.exe files), DILL files or ActiveX controls, but it is basically used to create Windows software and to access database systems.
There are lots of features and characteristics of Visual Basic and some of them are;
1. There are no line numbers in Visual Basic as found in earlier BASIC language, codes in VB are grouped into subroutines or methods.
2. In Visual Basic, code Statements have no terminating character except a line-ending character.
3. Code comments in Visual Basic are declared with a single apostrophe (') character. ' This is a defined comment.
4. Looping statement code blocks start and end with keywords like While-End, Do-Loop, For-Next, etc.
5. Logical and bitwise code operators are unified. This is not the case in some languages that are derived from C such as Perl, in which you will have different logical and bitwise operators. This again is a fundamental feature of BASIC.
6. Visual Basic has a variable array base. Arrays are basically defined and declared by stating the upper and lower bounds in a way that is very closely related to languages like Pascal and Fortran. It is also possible to use the Option Base statement in Visual Basic to set the default lower bound.
7. Visual Basic has a relatively powerful integration with the Windows operating system and also, the Component Object Model. The native data types for strings and arrays are the dedicated COM types, SAFEARRAY and BSTR.
There are many benefits and advantages of Visual Basic and some of them are:
1. The file structure and syntax of the Basic programming language are very simple to work with, especially as to the system executable code.
2. Visual Basic is not only a programming language but it is also basically an integrated and interactive software development environment (IDE).
3. The Visual Basic IDE has been highly built and optimized to support for the rapid application development (RAD). Visual Basic makes it particularly very easy to build and develop graphical user interfaces and to connect them to various handler functions that are provided by the application.
4. The graphical user interface of the Visual Basic IDE provides you with an intuitively and appealing view for the management of the program structure in the various types of entities such as classes, modules, procedures, forms, etc.
5. Visual Basic provides you with a comprehensive interactive and context-sensitive online help system to assist you with your development activities.
6. There is a huge catalog of readily available COM components and libraries for many different purposes in Visual Basic.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for Visual Basic professionals. If you are in the look for career opportunities that are available in this field, they are large, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study Visual Basic.
2. You can become a Visual Basic Specialist in an organization.
3. After taking this certification course of the Visual Basic module, you can become a Web/Mobile Engineer.
4. You can become a Functional Consultant.
5. You can become an Application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
6. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
7. You can become a Manager of a business engineering team, whether it's your personal business or an organization.
8. You can become a Visual Basic Engineer, after completing this module and getting certified.
9. You can become a Visual Basic Functional Consultant for an organization.
10. You can become a Team Leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning.
11. You can become a Desktop Software Engineer and a Visual Basic Engineering Trainer.
12. You can become a Senior Visual Basic Engineer commanding high pay.
13. Career Opportunities And Advancement.
14. Entrepreneurial Opportunities And Consultancy.
Visual Basic - Introduction
Visual Basic - Build Application
Visual Basic - Controls
Visual Basic - Write Code
Visual Basic - VB Data
Visual Basic - Variables
Visual Basic - If and IIf
Visual Basic - Select Case
Visual Basic - Looping
Visual Basic - Functions Intro
Visual Basic - Math Functions
Visual Basic - String Functions
Visual Basic - Sub Procedure
Visual Basic - Excel VBA Functions
Visual Basic - Arrays
Visual Basic - Create Files
Visual Basic - Create Graphics
Visual Basic - Create DVD Player
Visual Basic - Create Audio Player
Visual Basic - Create a Picture Viewer
Visual Basic - Multimedia Player
Visual Basic - Create Database
Visual Basic - Advanced Database
Visual Basic - ADO Control
Visual Basic - DataGrid Control
Visual Basic - SQL Queries
Visual Basic - More SQL Queries
Visual Basic - E-Library
Visual Basic - Animation 1
Visual Basic - Animation 2
Visual Basic - Animation 3
Visual Basic - Web Browser
Visual Basic - FTP Program
Visual Basic - Errors Handling
Visual Basic - Complie/Distribute
Visual Basic - Creating Menu
Visual Basic - Keyboard Handling
Visual Basic - Printing
Visual Basic - Creating a Report
Visual Basic - Video Lectures
Visual Basic - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!