Swift or Swift Programming is a multi-paradigm, all-purpose, compiled computer programming language that is developed by Apple Inc. for iPadOS, iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, Linux, and z/OS.
Swift is designed and developed to work with Apple's Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks and the large body of pre-existing Objective-C code that is written for Apple software products. Swift is built with the open-source LLVM compiler framework and it has been included in Xcode since its 6th version, it was released in 2014. On Apple platforms, it makes use of the Objective-C runtime library which allows Objective-C, C, C++, and Swift code to run inside one program
Swift is the product of the latest research on software programming languages, coupled together with decades of experience of building Apple platforms. Named parameters are declared in a clean syntax that makes developing APIs in Swift even easier to make use of and maintain. Even better, with swift, there is no need to type semi-colons. Inferred types make code to be cleaner and less prone to mistakes, while modules remove the headers and offer namespaces.
Apple proposed Swift to offer support for many-core concepts that are associated with the Objective-C programming language, notably dynamic dispatch, extensible programming, widespread late binding, and similar features, but in a "safer" way, therefore making it very easy to catch bugs in the software; Swift has various features that address some basic programming errors such as null pointer dereferencing and it provides syntactic sugar to help developers avoid the monument of doom. Swift promotes the notion of extensibility of protocols, an extensibility system that can be applied to structs, types, and classes, which Apple advertises as a real change in regular programming paradigms they term "protocol-oriented programming" (which is very similar to traits).
Swift 4 comes with a playground feature where software developers can write their code and run it to see the results instantly. The first public release of Swift was published in 2010. It took Chris Lattner almost 14 years to come up with the first public official version, and later, it was supported and sponsored by many other contributors. Swift designers took their ideas from various other popular programming languages such as Rust, Objective-C, Haskell, Ruby, C#, Python, and CLU.
There are many features of Swift and some of them are:
1. Swift has closures that are unified with function pointers.
2. Swift has tuples and they return multiple values.
3. Swift comes with Generics.
4. Swift has a Fast and concise iteration over a range, list, or collection.
5. Swift has structs that have various support methods, extensions, and protocols
6. Swift has functional programming patterns, e.g, map, and filter.
7. Swift comes with a powerful error handling feature built-in.
8. Swift has an advanced control flow with, defer, guard, and repeat keywords.
9. Swift makes use of safe programming patterns.
10. Swift provides modern programming features.
11. Swift provides Objective-C like syntax.
12. Swift is a fantastic way to write iOS and OS X apps.
13. Swift provides seamless access to existing Cocoa frameworks.
14. Swift unifies the procedural and object-oriented portions of the language.
15. Swift does not need a separate library import to support functionalities like input/output or string handling.
There are many benefits of Swift and some of them are:
1. Swift has an awesome Open-Source Community.
2. Swift codes are easy and readable.
3. The maintenance of Swift codes is easy.
4. Swift codes allow for speedy App Development.
5. Swift programs are compatible with Objective-C.
6. Programs that are written with Swift are less prone to errors.
7. Swift programs are supported by multiple devices.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for Swift professionals. If you are in the look for career opportunities that are available in this field, they are large, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study Swift Programming.
2. You become a Swift Specialist in an organization.
3. After taking this certification course of the Swift module, you become a Competent Swift Programmer.
4. You can become a Functional Consultant.
5. You can become an Application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
6. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
7. You can become the Manager of any Software Development Company.
8. You can become a Software Engineer, Developer or a Swift Consultant.
9. You can become a Team Leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning and delivery.
10. You can become a Senior Software Engineer.
11. Career Opportunities and Advancement.
12. Entrepreneurial Opportunities and Consultancy.
Swift Programming - Introduction
Swift Programming - Overview
Swift Programming - Environment
Swift Programming - Basic Syntax
Swift Programming - Data Types
Swift Programming - Variables
Swift Programming - Optionals
Swift Programming - Tuples
Swift Programming - Constants
Swift Programming - Literals
Swift Programming - Operators
Swift Programming - Decision Making
Swift Programming - Loops
Swift Programming - Strings
Swift Programming - Characters
Swift Programming - Arrays
Swift Programming - Sets
Swift Programming - Dictionaries
Swift Programming - Functions
Swift Programming - Closures
Swift Programming - Enumerations
Swift Programming - Structures
Swift Programming - Classes
Swift Programming - Properties
Swift Programming - Methods
Swift Programming - Subscripts
Swift Programming - Inheritance
Swift Programming - Initialization
Swift Programming - Deinitialization
Swift Programming - ARC Overview
Swift Programming - Optional Chaining
Swift Programming - Type Casting
Swift Programming - Extensions
Swift Programming - Protocols
Swift Programming - Generics
Swift Programming - Access Control
Swift Programming - Video Lectures
Swift Programming - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!