SAP PI - SAP Process Integration is an integration platform that provides easy and seamless integration between various SAP and non-SAP software applications that are within the business organization A2A (Application to Application) or even for applications that are outside the organization B2B (Business to Business).
SAP Process Integration is a major part of the SAP NetWeaver platform. It is referred to as the SAP NetWeaver Exchange Infrastructure XI in SAP NetWeaver 7.0 ehp2 and in older versions. The SAP NetWeaver Process Integration is a major component of the SAP NetWeaver software platform and it is used to aid and speed up the exchange of information in a company’s internal system or with other external and secondary parties.
SAP PI allows you to set up cross-system and cross-platform communication and integration that allows you to connect SAP and other non-SAP systems that are based on different programming languages such as Java and SAP ABAP. It provides an open-source environment that is important and necessary in a complex system which is the landscape for the integration of systems and for communication in a business setting.
The SAP Process Integration is a middleware software that is used to allow for the seamless integration between SAP and non-SAP application in a company or with systems outside the company.
In a business organization, SAP ERP doesn’t hold a single system but it is made up of a number of integrated software systems like SAP FICO, SAP CRM, SAP EWM, etc. SAP PI presents a platform as a single point of integration for all the SAP software systems without touching complex legacy systems for all the data and information exchange.
In large scale business environments using just SAP ERP cannot scale and cover every aspect of the business. To handle such complexities, SAP PI (Process Integration) was introduced to provide and Standalone platform to provide a single point to interconnection/integration for all services and systems without touching or affecting the large and complex existing network structure of the legacy system. It is a powerful middleware developed by SAP to provide seamless, easy and uninterruptable end to end integration between applications that are either SAP produced and non-SAP produced inside and outside the corporate frontier. SAP PI also supports the synchronous and asynchronous exchange of message and it includes a built-in engine for designing and executing Integration and Interconnection processes
There are many features of SAP PI and some of them are:
1. Connectivity: By using SAP PI, you can attach different software applications and systems that have different technical methods of communication. SAP PI equips you with a variety of adapters that lets you connect various software applications that are based on different protocols like Remote Function Call (RFC) or HTTPS
2. Routing: Routing here defines the rules for the flow of messages between the different systems at runtime.
3. Mapping: SAP PI is used to connect to different software applications or systems in a classified software environment that can be set up between several other companies, so there is a likelihood that the structure of the data exchange between two components is different from each other. Mapping here determines the structure of data in a source system to the structure of the data in a target system. It also determines the conversion rules that are applied to the data that is between the source and the target system.
The SAP PI is divided into various areas, these areas include:
1. Integration Server: This is the main section and central processing unit of the SAP PI. All incoming communication and messages are processed in this area in a proper and consistent way. It consists of three separate engines which are: Integration engine, Adapter engine, business process engine.
2. Integration Builder: This is a frontend-backend structure for accessing and editing integration elements and it consists of two similar tools which are: the enterprise service repository and the integration directory.
3. System Landscape: is a central archive of information about software and systems in the data center and eases the administration of your landscape.
4. Configuring and Monitoring: it is used for monitoring and control of messages and adapter. It is the central entry point for monitoring incoming messages, it gives you access to the monitoring functions of the Integration engine, as well as connecting with the CCMS( Computing center management system) and the PMI ( Process Monitoring Infrastructure) of SAP.
SAP PI performs three basic processes or functions, these processes include:
1. Connect: SAP PI has the ability to connect and integrate with all applications, regardless of whether it is an application from another manufacturer or from SAP themselves. It uses the Adapter structure to integrate 3rd party solutions.
2. Co-ordinate: It can create a path/flow for each business transaction that is connected. It makes sure that each message is properly delivered from the source to the main destination.
3. Communicate: It can translate resources and files into any format or any Business to business connection or integration standard.
There are lots of benefits of SAP PI, and some of them are:
1. SAP PI lets you develop customized solutions for business uses.
2. SAP PI allows for improved and increased Productivity and Efficiency in the organization
3. SAP PI is very Cost-Efficient to use.
4. SAP PI is very easy to use.
5. SAP PI makes it very easy to synchronize data between different systems in an organization.
6. Asynchronous and Synchronous Communication is possible with SAP PI.
7. Adapters and Mappings are good as compared to any other produce.
8. SAP PI supports various SAP components which are important while integrating or connecting with SAP PI.
10. In comparison to any other middleware product, SAP PI is way better and sophisticated. It gives monitoring and control features like messaging, performance, component monitoring, which can be used to track, monitor, control, rectify failures and errors.
11. Job opportunities and career advancement.
12. Increase your earning potential.
SAP PI - Introduction
SAP PI - Installation Options
SAP PI - Netweaver PI Architecture
SAP PI - UI Tools
SAP PI - Home Page
SAP PI - System Landscape Directory
SAP PI - Communication
SAP PI - Securing Objects
SAP PI - Creating Objects
SAP PI - Modeling Scenarios
SAP PI - Design Objects
SAP PI - Display Design Objects
SAP PI - Integration Scenarios
SAP PI - File to File Scenario
SAP PI - Creating Service Interface
SAP PI - Creating Message Mapping
SAP PI - Connectivity
SAP PI - ccBPM Overview
SAP PI - ccBPM Configuration
SAP PI - Web Services
SAP PI - Video Lectures
SAP PI - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!