SAP BODS which is the acronym for SAP BO Data Services is an ETL tool that is used for data integration, data profiling, data quality, and data processing. It lets its users integrate and transform a trusted data-to-data warehousing system to be used for analytical reporting. SAP BODS is made up of a User Interface development interface, a repository of metadata, and data connectivity to both source and target system and the management console for the scheduling of jobs.
A Data warehouse is a name that is used to refer to a central repository that is used to store the data that is gotten from one or multiple heterogeneous sources of data. A data warehouse is basically used for the reporting and analysis of information and to stores both current and historical data. The data in a Data Warehousing system is used for Analytical reporting, which is then used by Business Analysts, Knowledge workers or Sales Managers for decision-making.
The data in a Data Warehousing system is loaded from an operational transaction system such as Sales, HR, Marketing, SCM, etc. It may pass through an operational data store or other data transformations before it is loaded to the Data Warehousing system for later information processing functions.
The data services that are being catered by the different sub-modules of the SAP Business Objects (BO) is made up of data integration, data profiling, data quality, text data processing, and other methods that guarantee users with the delivery of trusted and secured data to further users after going through the desired processes of integration. This SAP module also performs other additional functions of defining inline complex transformations and for developing customized functions in the software.
To explain it better, let's suppose that you have a home loan agency on which data is coming in from multiple applications such as marketing, sales, HRM, ERP, MM, etc. This data is first extracted, transformed and then loaded into the Data Warehouse. An example usage is: if you have to compare the Quarterly and Annual sales of a product, you cannot make use of an Operational transactional database, as this will hang the system for the transaction. Therefore, a Data Warehouse can then be used used for this purpose.
There are many features of SAP BODS and some of them are:
1. SAP BODS provides business with high-performance parallel transformations.
2. SAP BODS has a comprehensive administrative and reporting tool.
3. SAP BODS offers support for multi-users.
4. SAP BODS is very flexible with a web-service based applications.
5. SAP BODS allows users to make use of a scripting language to add a rich set of functions.
6. SAP BODS as data validation tools with dashboards and process auditing.
7. Debugging and built-in profiling and viewing data.
There are many benefits of SAP BODS and some of them are:
1. With SAP BODS, you have a very good model of data and also, good data-management support.
2. SAP Business Objects provides you with various tools for data mining and quality assessment.
3. SAP BODS provides you with better profiling because of too many acquisitions of other companies.
4. The learning curve of SAP BODS is quick and it is very easy to use.
The repository is used to hold metadata of the objects that are used in SAP BO Data Services. Each Repository should be registered in the console of central management and is connected with single or a lot of job servers, which are meant for executing jobs that are created by a user.
There are 3 different types of Repositories.
1. Local Repository: It is used to store the metadata of all objects created in Data Services Designer like projects, jobs, data flow, workflow, etc.
2. Central Repository: It is used to control the version management of the objects and is used for multiuse development.
3. Profiler Repository: This is used to manage all the metadata related to profiler tasks performed in SAP BODS designers. Information Steward Repository holds all the metadata of profiling tasks and objects that were made in the information steward.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for SAP BODS professionals. If you are in the look for career opportunities that are available in this field, they are large, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study SAP BODS.
2. You can become an SAP BODS Specialist in an organization.
3. After taking this certification course of the SAP BODS module, you can become an SAP Engineer.
4. You can become a Functional Consultant.
5. You can become an application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
6. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
7. You can become a Manager of a business, whether it's your personal business or an organization
8. You can become an SAP BODS expert, after finishing this module and getting certified.
9. You can become an SAP BODS functional consultant for an organization.
10. You can become a team leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning.
11. You can become a software engineer or an SAP BODS Trainer.
12. You can become a senior SAP BODS engineer commanding high pay.
13. Job Opportunity and Career Advancement.
14. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
SAP BODS - Introduction
SAP BODS - Overview
SAP BODS - Architecture
SAP BODS - Data Services Designer
SAP BODS - Repository Overview
SAP BODS - DSMC Modules
SAP BODS - DS Designer Introduction
SAP BODS - ETL Flow in DS Designer
SAP BODS Datastores & Formats
SAP BODS - Datastore Overview
SAP BODS - Changing a Datastore
SAP BODS - Memory Datastore
SAP BODS - Linked Datastore
SAP BODS - Adapter Datastore
SAP BODS - File Formats
SAP BODS - Dataflow Introduction
SAP BODS - Workflow Introduction
SAP BODS - Creating Workflows
SAP BODS Transforms
SAP BODS - Transforms Types
SAP BODS - Query Transform
SAP BODS Administration
SAP BODS - Data Services Overview
SAP BODS - Tuning Techniques
SAP BODS - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!