SAP ABAP is a high-level programming language that is basically used to create and develop enterprise applications for large business and financial institutions on the SAP platform.
SAP ABAP is the acronym for Advanced Business Application Programming, is a fourth-generation computer programming language, that is used for the development and customization purposes in the SAP software.
SAP ABAP currently is positioned together with the Java programming language, as the main language for the SAP Application Server Programming, most of the programs are executed under the control of the run-time system.
An SAP ABAP system consists of a 3-tier client/server architecture.
1. The Presentation Layer,
2. The Application and
3. The Database.
The Presentation Layer is made up of any input device that can be used to manage and control the SAP system. This could either be a web browser, a mobile device and so on. All the central processing in its architecture takes place in the Application server.
The Application Server is not just one system on itself, but it could be many instances of the processing system. The Application server communicates directly with the Database layer that is usually stored on a separate server, this is mainly for performance reasons and also for security reasons.
The Database. Communication happens between each layer of the system, starting from the Presentation layer down to the Database which is the area where ABAP programs are stored and then back up the top of the chain in a loop.
ABAP Programs live inside the SAP Database. They are being run under the control of the runtime system that is a part of the kernel of SAP. The run-time system processes all the ABAP statements while taking note of the flow logic and responding to user events and inputs.
The Run-Time System can be taken as a virtual machine, just similar to the Java Virtual Machine. A key part of the ABAP run-time system is the database interface that transforms database independent statements (or Open SQL) into the statements that can be understood by the underlying database (or Native SQL). SAP can run with a large number of different databases and the same ABAP program can run on all of those databases.
There are lots of features of SAP ABAP and some of them are:
1. Data Types: SAP ABAP gives the programmer a very rich assortment of fixed length as well as variable-length data types.
2. Decisions: In SAP ABAP programs, decision making structures have one or more conditions to be evaluated and run or tested by the program, along with a statement or the statements that are to be executed and run, if the condition is evaluated to be true, and optionally, other statements to be executed, if the condition is evaluated to be false.
3. Macros: If we want to reuse the same set of defined statements more than once in a program, we need to include them in a macro. A macro definition in SAP ABAP only occurs before the macro is being used in the program.
4. Classes: SAP ABAP allows you to create a class to be used to define the form of an object and it merges data representation and methods for manipulating that data into one neat package. The data definitions and functions that are found in a class are called the members of the class.
There are lots of benefits of learning about SAP ABAP and some of them are:
1. SAP ABAP allows you to easily create programs using loops, module pools, branches, file handling, and scripting.
2. SAP lets you comprehend and understand the different data types, terminology, and dictionary concepts that are found in ABAP, including structures, tables, buffers, indexes, etc.
3. It lets you develop business-oriented applications that can help organizations increase their business and goals.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for SAP ABAP professionals. If you are in the look for career opportunities that are available in this field, they are large, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study SAP ABAP.
2. You can become an SAP ABAP Specialist in any organization.
3. After taking this certification course of the SAP ABAP module, you can become an SAP Engineer.
4. You can become a Functional Consultant.
5. You can become an Application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
6. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
7. You can become the Manager of a business, whether it's your personal business or an organization.
8. You can become an SAP ABAP Technical Engineer upon completing this module and getting certified.
9. You can become an SAP ABAP Functional Consultant for an organization.
10. You can become a Team Leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning.
11. You can become an SAP Software Engineer and an SAP ABAP Trainer.
12. You can become a Senior SAP ABAP Engineer commanding high pay.
This course is designed for those who want to understand and learn the basics of SAP ABAP and grow in the field of software development.
SAP ABAP - Introduction
SAP ABAP - Overview
SAP ABAP - Environment
SAP ABAP - Screen Navigation
SAP ABAP - Basic Syntax
SAP ABAP - Data Types
SAP ABAP - Variables
SAP ABAP - Constants & Literals
SAP ABAP - Operators
SAP ABAP - Loop Control
SAP ABAP - Decisions
SAP ABAP - Strings
SAP ABAP - Date & Time
SAP ABAP - Formatting Data
SAP ABAP - Exception Handling
SAP ABAP - Dictionary
SAP ABAP - Domains
SAP ABAP - Data Elements
SAP ABAP - Tables
SAP ABAP - Structures
SAP ABAP - Views
SAP ABAP - Search Help
SAP ABAP - Lock Objects
SAP ABAP - Modularization
SAP ABAP - Subroutines
SAP ABAP - Macros
SAP ABAP - Function Modules
SAP ABAP - Include Programs
SAP ABAP - Open SQL Overview
SAP ABAP - Native SQL Overview
SAP ABAP - Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Creating Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Populating Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Copying Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Reading Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Deleting Internal Tables
SAP ABAP - Object Orientation
SAP ABAP - Objects
SAP ABAP - Classes
SAP ABAP - Inheritance
SAP ABAP - Polymorphism
SAP ABAP - Encapsulation
SAP ABAP - Interfaces
SAP ABAP - Object Events
SAP ABAP - Report Programming
SAP ABAP - Dialog Programming
SAP ABAP - Smart Forms
SAP ABAP - SAPscripts
SAP ABAP - Customer Exits
SAP ABAP - User Exits
SAP ABAP - Business Add-Ins
SAP ABAP - Web Dynpro
SAP ABAP - Video Lectures
SAP ABAP - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!