SAAS which is the acronym for Software As A Service is a cloud-based software distribution service in which a third-party provider hosts applications and makes them available to customers and users over the Internet. For instance, instead of downloading a software or app to your desktop PC or on your organizational network to run and update, you would rather access the application through an internet browser. The software application could vary from anything like an office software to a unified communication system amongst a broad range of other business applications that is available.
SAAS presents organizations with a variety of benefits and advantages. some of the major advantages of SaaS include compatibility, cross-platform, accessibility, and operational management. Also, SaaS models give a much lower cost upfront than regular software that is downloaded and installed, therefore making them more available to a much broader range of businesses, making it very easy for smaller companies to interrupt existing markets while empowering suppliers.
Security and Reliability are two of the most important characteristics of SaaS applications and tools. Companies that run their software installed on-premises are tasked with storing corporate information in their own infrastructures, to help them keep their sensitive data secure. Nevertheless, when it comes to SaaS, the more experienced software providers are responsible for keeping user data safe.
There are many features of SAAS applications and some of them are:
1. Security: Since SaaS-based data is hosted on the cloud and backed up by the provider, it is typically more secure than traditional systems.
2. Scalability: Since SaaS systems are cloud-based, they are easily scalable and can be quickly integrated with other similar systems.
3. Interoperability: SAAS systems are commonly cross-platform and cross-browser, and consequently, they have minimal technical requirements to use them.
4. Identity Management: You can use the service remotely via a browser without being attached to the workplace. Many users can use one account at the same time.
5. Configurability: The software is deployed in a single data center without using each specific customer’s facilities. Get a ready-to-work solution without having to deal with its technical aspect.
6. Ease of Use: SaaS apps can be accessed through the Internet and a number of mobile devices. The quality and consistency of user interfaces have also greatly improved in the past few years, and the adaptability learning curve is low.
7. Saves Cost: Money is also saved on capital expenditure involving infrastructure and hardware as well as hiring staff to manage the application. Besides the lower upfront costs linked with installing and implementing the system (which needs to be integrated with other software systems), SaaS also leads to lower maintenance.
There are many benefits of SAAS and some of them are:
1. Accessibility: One major advantage of any SaaS project is that it has the ability to run through an internet browser, so it doesn't matter which OS is used to access the application. So regardless of whether the application user is trying to run the SAAS application on Windows, Linux machines or Mac, (or even on smartphones that are running Android or iOS), the application would still remain accessible. This makes SaaS applications to be incredibly well versed in a couple of different ways.
2. Updates and Patches: Another major benefit of SaaS applications is that because the applications run in the cloud, the merchant can update their software centrally without negatively affecting its business operations for users. This is in severe contrast to other software that is on-premise that will often need a degree of compatibility and endpoint security testing before even regular routine updates and patches can be applied.
3. Hardware: Hardware happens to be one of the biggest selling points about SaaS applications, and that's because of the lack of initial investment that is required to use it. For software that is on-premise, sometimes it's not just that business computers or other desktops have software that is compatible and hardware configurations, but also those additional servers and network switches that could also be needed as part of the general investment in IT infrastructure services which is necessary to support the software across the business.
4. Market Reach: For vendors, this means that being able to provide a software service to the bulk of the market, instead of to just a limited and targeted market section this means that pricing can be made cheaper and more accessible to every size of businesses. For users, this means that being able to access services that are not normally available, therefore, both expanding and improving business services, productivity and global opportunities.
5. Compatibility: SAAS eliminates problems like software maintenance and incompatibility, SaaS can provide streamlined focus and greater productivity. It helps your business save money, time and human resources.
6. Pay-As-You-Go: SaaS software gives you the benefit of predictable costs both for the subscription and to some extent, the administration. This allows for much more accurate budgeting, especially as compared to the costs of internal IT to manage upgrades and address issues for an owned instance.
1. Define faster, scalable and cost-effective ways to deliver a product
2. Go in-depth into cloud-based software services
3. Increase Your Earning Potential
4. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement
5. Entrepreneurial Opportunities and Consultancy
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!