Rexx is the acronym for Restructured Extended Executor is an interpreted high-level software programming language that was developed at IBM by Mike Cowlishaw.
Rexx is a structured, high-level, multi-purpose programming language that was designed for ease of reading and learning. Proprietary and open-source Rexx interpreters are made available for a broad range of computing platforms; compilers exist for IBM mainframe computers.
Rexx is used as both a macro and scripting language, and is frequently used for data and text processing and for generating reports on data; these similarities of Rexx with Perl mean that Rexx applications work well in Common Gateway Interface (CGI) programming and it is really used for this purpose.
Rexx is the fundamental scripting language in some operating systems, and it is also used as an internal macro language in some other system software, such as SPFPC, THE, KEDIT, and the ZOC terminal emulator. Additionally, the Rexx programming language can be used for developing scripts and macros in any program that makes use of the Windows Scripting Host ActiveX scripting engine languages (for example, JScript and VBScript) if one of the Rexx engines is installed in the system.
There are many features of Rexx Programming and some of them are:
1. Rexx has a very simple syntax.
2. It has the ability to route commands to multiple environments.
3. It has the ability to support functions, procedures, and commands associated with a specific invoking environment.
4. A built-in stack, with the ability to interoperate with the host stack if there is one.
5. Small instruction set containing just two dozen instructions.
6. Freeform syntax.
7. Case-insensitive tokens, including variable names.
8. Character string basis.
9. Dynamic data typing, no declarations.
10. No reserved keywords, except in the local context.
11. No include file facilities.
12. Arbitrary numerical precision.
13. Decimal arithmetic, floating-point.
14. A rich selection of built-in functions, especially string and word processing.
15. Automatic storage management.
16. Crash protection.
17. Content addressable data structures.
18. Associative arrays.
19. Straightforward access to system commands and facilities.
20. Simple error-handling, and built-in tracing and debugger.
21. Few artificial limitations.
22. Simplified I/O facilities.
There are many benefits and advantages to studying Rexx Programming, and some of them are:
1. Rexx programs are designed to be very readable and easy to understand since there is a minimum number of required special characters, punctuation or notations.
2. Rexx arithmetic is generally described as decimal arithmetic, including precision that is selected by the programmer rather than by the computer hardware.
3. The Rexx Programming sets no specific limits on the size of strings to be used (including those that are used to represent numbers). This takes away most of the headaches that often faced by programmers.
4. Rexx is a moderately small programming language. This makes it be approachable and easy to learn even for beginners. Even the Object-oriented Rexx programming that is currently under development only adds a very few new constructs to the core of the language.
5. The dynamic nature of the Rexx programming language makes it very suitable for interpretation. Interpreted languages allow you to carry out iterations very fast during development with very low time spent overhead per program written.
6. Rexx is a system-independent language. This presents developers with the advantages of portability and scalability of their applications.
7. Rexx has no globally reserved words. This ensures that robust computer programs can be written which will not be made invalid by future additions to the collection of language instructions. Not only does this mean that software programmers do not need to learn the keywords that they do not need to use, but this is also very important when they are only using the language for developing an extension for an application.
8. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement.
9. Entrepreneurial Opportunities and Consultancy.
An increasing number of softwares are being developed with Rexx. If you are searching for career opportunities that are present in this field, they are vast, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study Rexx.
1. You can become a System Specialist in an organization.
2. After taking this certification course of the Rexx Programming, you can become a Software Engineer Engineer.
3. You can become a Functional Consultant.
4. You can become an Application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
5. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
6. You can become a Manager of a business, whether it's your personal business or an organization
7. You can become a Rexx Consultant, after finishing this module and getting certified.
8. You can become a Rexx Professional for an organization.
9. You can become a Team Leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning.
10. You can become a Senior Software Engineer commanding high pay.
Rexx - Introduction
Rexx - Overview
Rexx - Environment
Rexx - Installation
Rexx - Installation of Plugin-Ins
Rexx - Basic Syntax
Rexx - Datatypes
Rexx - Variables
Rexx - Operators
Rexx - Arrays
Rexx - Loops
Rexx - Decision Making
Rexx - Numbers
Rexx - Strings
Rexx - Functions
Rexx - Stacks
Rexx - File I/O
Rexx - Functions For Files
Rexx - Subroutines
Rexx - Built-In Functions
Rexx - System Commands
Rexx - XML
Rexx - Regina
Rexx - Parsing
Rexx - Signals
Rexx - Debugging
Rexx - Error Handling
Rexx - Object-Oriented
Rexx - Portability
Rexx - Extended Functions
Rexx - Instructions
Rexx - Implementations
Rexx - Netrexx
Rexx - Brexx
Rexx - Databases
Rexx - Performance
Rexx - Best Programming Practices
Rexx - Graphical User Interface
Rexx - Reginald
Rexx - Web Programming
Rexx - Video Lectures
Rexx - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!