The number of consumers and enterprise mobile application software have exponentially grown over the last few decades, this leaves the end-user of the application with a humongous list of mobile applications to choose from. But how does the user make choice the app that will take up the precious space on his/her device? App quality is the essential quality to the success of any application and it can only be gotten/achieved through Mobile Application Testing.
Mobile Application Testing is the process by which mobile application software that is developed for mobile devices which are handheld is tested for their usability, functionality, and consistency. Mobile application testing can also be an automated or manual kind of testing. Mobile applications come either pre-installed or they can be installed from mobile software distribution platforms.
There are many features of Mobile testing and some of them are:
1. Functional testing guarantees that the mobile application is working as per the pre-defined application requirements. Most of the application tests that are conducted for this are driven by the user interface and the application call flow.
2. Laboratory testing is also regularly carried out by network carriers, and it is done by simulating the total wireless network. This test is regularly carried out to find out any software glitches when a mobile application makes use of voice and/or data connection to carry out some functions.
3. The performance testing of an application is initiated to check for the performance and behavior of the mobile app under certain conditions such as bad network coverage, low battery, low available memory, together with simultaneous access to the application's server by several users at the same time and other certain conditions. The performance of an application can be directly affected by two sides which are the application's server-side and the application client's side. Performance testing is also carried out to check for both.
4. Memory leakage testing: Memory leakage sometimes occurs when a computer application or program is unable to handle and manage the memory that is allocated to it, therefore, therefore resulting in the very poor performance of the application and the overall slowdown of the software system. As mobile devices have very significant constraints of free memory, memory leakage testing is essential for the proper running of an application.
1. Ease of Automated Testing: There are several types of application testing in which you can test your mobile software application. The most popular methods involve exploratory, regression, and automated testing.
2. Cross-Platform Testing: While testing applications through regular methods, you will need to test it out on a variety of mobile devices as well as other Operating Systems. This can take up a very significant amount of your app development time.
3. Reduction in the Overall Testing Time: Application developers spend nearly equal amounts of their time in developing the source code for an application, making the UX and UI elements very good, as well as testing the application. However, with various app testing tools, they can automatically test the mobile application at various stages of its development very fast. This allows them to allocate more time towards making sure that the user experience of the application is great.
4. Learning Mobile Testing provides Job Opportunity and Career Advancement.
5. Learning Mobile Testing provides an avenue for Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for Mobile testing professionals for their mobile software. If you are searching for career opportunities that are present in this field, they are vast, and some of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study Mobile testing.
1. You can become a Testing Specialist in an organization.
2. After taking this certification course of the Mobile testing module, you can become a Test Automation Engineer.
3. You can become a Functional Consultant.
4. You can become an application Consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
5. You can become an Advisory Consultant.
6. You can become a Manager of a business, whether it's your personal business or an organization
7. You can become a Software Engineer or a Mobile testing Consultant, after finishing this module and getting certified.
8. You can become a Mobile testing Functional Consultant for an organization.
9. You can become a team leader in an organization and be responsible for managing the production planning
10. You can become a software engineer or a test Trainee.
11. You can become a senior test engineer.
Stress testing is very important to discover exceptions, hangs, and deadlocks that may be unnoticed during functional and user interface testing. This is a list of some of the requirements for stress testing −
1. Carry out the same operations again and again.
2. Perform repeated operations at varying speeds – very quickly or very slowly.
3. Leave your application running for a long period of time, both interacting with the device and just letting it sit idle, or performing some automatic task that takes a long time, for example, a slideshow.
4. Have multiple applications running on your device so that you can switch between your application and other device applications often.
Example test scenarios:
1. Check 1000 users are accessing the mobile app to search for domestic flights.
2. Check 1000 users are accessing the mobile app to search for international flights.
Mobile Testing - Introduction
Mobile Testing - Overview
Mobile Testing - Platforms
Mobile Testing - Device Types
Native Vs Hybrid Vs Mobile web
Mobile Testing - Device Vs Application
Emulator Vs Simulator
Mobile Testing - Application
Mobile Testing - UI
Mobile Testing - Planning & Tools
Mobile Device Testing - Types
Mobile Testing - Framework Overview
Mobile Testing - Android Frameworks
Mobile Testing - IOS Frameworks
Mobile Testing - Appium Framework
Mobile Testing - Zucchini Framework
Mobile Testing - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!