JSP which is the acronym for Java Server Pages is a server-side web programming technology whose major feature is to allow web developers to create platform-independent and dynamic methods for building Web-applications. JSP has complete access to the whole family of Java APIs, which includes the JDBC API that gives access to enterprise databases.
A JSP web page is a text document that contains two kinds of text which are, static data (which can be represented in any text-based format such as HTML, WML, SVG, and XML), and JSP elements( which generate dynamic web contents).
The supported and recommended file extension for a complete source file of a JSP page is .jsp. The page can be made up of a top file that can is also made up of other files that contain either a complete JSP page or pieces of a JSP page. The recommended extension for the source file of a piece or fragment of a JSP page is .jspf.
There are lots of features of JSP and some of them are:
1. Make interactive websites: One of the major uses of JSP is to develop very interactive webpages. Webpages that are not just static but are alive with changing contents, dynamic and can communicate with the user in real-time.
2. Easier to read data from the user: With JSP, a user interacting with various controls such as textbox, dropdown list, button, a checkbox can insert some information. With JSP, it is easier to accept that information entered by the user and forward it to the server.
3. Easier to display server response: After the data from the client's input is read, and sent to the server, a response object is sent back to the client and it is easily displayed. For example, after a user fills and submits a form, a response from the server is displayed using JSP, such as - "Congratulations, you have successfully registered for the event".
4. Allows you to add Java to your website: As you know JSP is the acronym for Java Server Pages, one of the main features of JSP is to support Java code to be added inside your HTML code, to give your webpage the programming power of Java and make it very powerful and interactive. JSP pages are internally converted to a Java bytecode file, therefore all the features of Java, like security, platform-independent and flexibility is available to the JSP web pages as well.
5. Easier to connect to the database: One of the major features of JSP is that it easily allows us to connect our website with the database so that we can transfer the data that is entered by our user to a database and read it back from the database when it is required.
6. Easy to code: JSP Job is mostly about including Java to your webpage's HTML and it is equitably easy to learn and code with. Anyone that has a decent knowledge of Java and HTML can easily learn and code JSP in a very short period.
There are lots of benefits of JSP and some of them are:
1. JSP web pages easily join static web templates, including pieces of HTML or XML, with code that produces dynamic content.
2. JSP web pages are dynamically compiled into servlets when they are requested, so the page authors can easily create updates to the presentation code. JSP web pages can also be precompiled if you desire so.
3. The tags of JSP for invoking JavaNetBeans components handle these components totally, blocking the page author from the complexity of handling the application logic.
4. Developers can present well customized JSP tag libraries that other page authors can access making use of a syntax like XML.
5. Web authors can edit and change the fixed template portions of web pages without directly affecting the software application logic.
6. Similarly, software developers can make changes to the application logic at the component level without modifying the individual web pages that use the logic.
1. JavaServer Pages often work with the same purpose as programs that are implemented using the Common Gateway Interface (CGI).
2. Performance is highly better due to the fact that JSP allows and supports the embedding of Dynamic Elements in HTML Pages itself instead of having separated CGI files.
An increasing number of companies are bringing up the need for JSP professionals. If you are in the search for career opportunities that are readily available in this field of study, they are wide, and a few of them are listed below.
1. You get a lot of job opportunities if you study JSP.
2. You can become a JSP Specialist in any organization.
3. After taking this certification course of the JSP module, you can become a web engineer.
4. You can become a functional consultant.
5. You can become an application consultant, either freelancing or in an organization.
6. You can become an advisory consultant.
7. You can become the Manager of a business engineering team, whether it's your personal business or an organization.
8. You can become a JSP Engineer, after finishing this module and getting certified.
9. You can become a JSP functional consultant for an organization.
10. You can become a team leader in an organization and be responsible for managing production planning.
11. You can become a web software engineer or a JSP engineering trainer.
12. You can become a senior JSP engineer commanding high pay.
13. Job Opportunity and Career Advancement.
14. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
JSP - Introduction/Overview
JSP - Environment Setup
JSP - Architecture
JSP - Lifecycle
JSP - Syntax
JSP - Directives
JSP - Actions
JSP - Implicit Objects
JSP - Client Request
JSP - Server Response
JSP - Http Status Codes
JSP - Form Processing
JSP - Writing Filters
JSP - Cookies Handling
JSP - Session Tracking
JSP - File Uploading
JSP - Handling Date
JSP - Page Redirect
JSP - Hits Counter
JSP - Auto Refresh
JSP - Sending Email
JSP - Standard Tag Library
JSP - Database Access
JSP - XML Data
JSP - Java Beans
JSP - Custom Tags
JSP - Expression Language
JSP - Exception Handling
JSP - Debugging
JSP - Security
JSP - Internationalization
JSP - Video Lectures
JSP - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!