Silverlight or Microsoft Silverlight is a web application development framework that is used for designing, writing and deploying dynamic and feature-rich Internet web applications and it is very similar to the Adobe Flash. A plugin for Silverlight is still available for some internet browsers. While early releases of Silverlight are entirely focused on media streaming, later versions offer support for graphics, multimedia, and animations, and game developer's support for command-line interface languages and development tools.
Silverlight was also one of the two application development platforms for that was used for the Windows Phone, but web pages that make use of Silverlight did not run on the Windows Phone or on Windows Mobile versions of the Internet Explorer since there was no Splugin for Silverlight on Internet Explorer for those platforms.
Silverlight was the fundamental development environment for the Windows Phone and it is based on Silverlight 4. For previous versions of the Windows Mobile, the first Community Technology Preview (CTP) for Windows Mobile, it was expected to be released in the second quarter of 2008, but it still has not been officially announced. Microsoft has since stopped focusing on releasing Silverlight to its Windows Mobile.
Microsoft's goal with Silverlight is to create a powerful but simple platform for the next generation of Web-based applications. The platform has a particular arrangement of functions and features called an architecture. A program's architecture can tell you a great deal about how the program works. The applications of Silverlight are nearly limitless. Silverlight's tools allow developers to create Web-based programs that range from utilitarian devices to challenging video games. Even though Silverlight is still a relatively young programming platform, there are dozens of applications already available on the Web. Silverlight is also used by developers to create streaming media players. The media players are similar to Flash media players - the kind of applications used by Web sites like YouTube. These programs stream video and music from the Internet to a user's browser. Silverlight lets developers create themed video players that provide specific content. Developers can use Silverlight to create a hero bar that can pull information and links from an RSS feed. The hero bar updates itself as the webmaster adds new content to the site. Developers can also use Silverlight to interact with other Web services. Twitterlight is a Silverlight application that taps into the Twitter microblog service. With Twitterlight, users can access their individual Twitter feeds and post new messages. Games running on Silverlight can range from the simplistic to immersive adventures. Silverlight gives developers the resources necessary to create robust gaming experiences that users can access through a Web browser. These applications are just the tip of the iceberg. As the Web becomes more sophisticated and people get access to more bandwidth, users will demand more from their browsing experiences. An increasing number of people are turning to the Internet for news, entertainment and productivity applications. Developers will have to use tools like Silverlight to meet consumer demand.
1. Silverlight offers you with a much faster development lifecycles for your projects.
2. Silverlight offers you a more reliable and fully tested application.
3. Silverlight has very powerful data visualization capabilities.
4. Career Opportunities And Advancement
5. Entrepreneurial Opportunities And Consultancy
There are many features of Silverlight and some of them are:
1. Smooth Streaming: The Smooth Streaming feature lets you deliver high definition video streams that playback smoothly on any device that is running on Silverlight.
2. PivotViewer: The PivotViewer makes it very easy to interact with large amounts of data that are on the web in ways that are very informative, powerful and fun. By visualizing large amounts of related items at the same time
3. SketchFlow: SketchFlow, which is a part of the Blend for Visual Studio 2013, totally changes the speed and the efficiency with which you can display a vision for an application. SketchFlow provides an.
4. Deep Zoom: Microsoft Silverlight Deep Zoom effect is the clearest, and fastest technology for zooming that is available on the Web, offering its users the highest resolution images and frame rates.
5. Pixel Shader: These Silverlight software-based photo effects have various blur and drop shadow effects controls that can be easily applied to any graphical content to animate the content. You can also write your own graphical effects and animations.
6. New Controls: Microsoft Silverlight comes bundled with over 60 high-quality, fully modifiable and customizable out-of-the-box tweaks and controls such as media, charting, layout containers, etc.
7. Media Format Extensibility: With the more recent Raw AV pipeline, Microsoft Silverlight can easily provide support for a wide variety of third-party codecs. Audio and video file formats can be decoded outside the runtime and then rendered.
8. Perspective 3D Graphics: Microsoft Silverlight allows software developers and designers to apply content to any 3D plane. Developers can scale or rotate live content in space without writing any additional code.
9. Skinning and Styling: Microsoft Silverlight makes it very easy to create graphics and then use those graphics to customize your controls, such as how your scrollbar looks like. Microsoft Silverlight provides XAML based templates for each project.
There are many benefits of Silverlight and some of them are:
1. Silverlight is a cool and interactive software application that boosts system adoption.
2. Silverlight allows for more efficient use of screen real estate.
3. Silverlight offers faster development lifecycles for projects.
4. Silverlight offers more reliable applications.
5. Silverlight has very powerful data visualization capabilities.
Silverlight - Introduction
Silverlight - Overview
Silverlight - Environment Setup
Silverlight - Getting Started
Silverlight - XAML Overview
Silverlight - Project Types
Silverlight - Fixed Layouts
Silverlight - Dynamic Layout
Constrained vs. Unconstrained
Silverlight - CSS
Silverlight - Controls
Silverlight - Buttons
Silverlight - Content Model
Silverlight - ListBox
Silverlight - Templates
Silverlight - Visual State
Silverlight - Data Binding
Silverlight - Browser Integration
Silverlight - Out-of-Browser
Silverlight - Applications, Resources
Silverlight - File Access
Silverlight - View Model
Silverlight - Input Handling
Silverlight - Isolated Storage
Silverlight - Text
Silverlight - Animation
Silverlight - Video and Audio
Silverlight - Printing
Silverlight - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!