SAP HANA which is the acronym for SAP High-Performance Analytic Appliance is a software application that makes use of an in-memory database technology that allows for the processing of massive amounts of real-time data in a short amount of time.
The in-memory computing engine of SAP systems allows HANA to process the data that is stored in the system RAM as opposed to just reading it from a disk. This allows the application to provide instantaneous results from customer's transactions and other data analysis.
SAP HANA is developed to process highly optimized and structured data from a relational database system, which includes both SAP and non-SAP based systems and applications rapidly. SAP HANA is capable of using three different styles of data replication depending on the origin of the data which are Log-based, ETL-based and trigger-based. The relocated structured data is then stored directly in memory. Because of this, data can be accessed very fast in real-time by the software applications that make use of SAP HANA.
The key difference between SAP HANA and past versions of SAP systems is that it is a column-oriented, in-memory database system that combines both OLAP and OLTP operations into a single enterprise system, in general, SAP HANA is an OLTAP software system.
While keeping the data in-memory offers a huge advantage in the areas of performance, it is a more costly type of data storage. Taking notes of data access patterns, with up to 85% of data in an enterprise system may be accessed infrequently, therefore it can be cost-effective to keep regularly accessed, data in the memory while the less frequently accessed data is stored then stored on the disk, an approach SAP have named "Dynamic tiering”.
1. Index Server: This is the main server of SAP HANA architecture, it has the data storage(actual data) and processing engine. Queries in different languages such as SQL are received in the index server and are processed by different servers and components within it. Components of the index server include - Relational Data Engine, Connection, and Session Manager, Authorization Management, Planning Engine, Calc Engine, Persistent Layer.
2. Name Server: This server maintains, monitors and manages the topology of all the distributed servers or nodes. It fastens the processing time by decreasing the re-indexing process as it keeps the information on what type of data stores on which server. It also contains information on the name and location of components.
3. Pre-Processor Server: The service provided by this component is used during text search. Whenever a request initiates, this server processes textual data and provides it to the user.
4. Statistical Server: This server checks the performance and health of the overall components of the architecture. It collects, stores and analyses the data related to allocation, consumption, and state of system resources.
5. Studio Repository: The repository in SAP HANA Studio stores information related to the newly released updates. You can update the old version to the latest ones with the help of the repository.
6. XS Engine: The XS Engine converts the system’s state from the persistence model stored in the database into the consumption model for clients. XS Engine in the architecture facilitates communication between the external applications (Java and HTML based) and SAP HANA system via HTTP/HTTPS in a web browser.
There are many features of the SAP HANA enterprise software system, and some of them are:
1. Database Services.
2. Analytics and Data Processing
3. Application Development and Deployment
4. Data Access, Integration, and Quality
5. Administration and IT Operations
There are many benefits of the SAP HANA software, and some of them are:
1. The Power to Handle Bigger Data: With SAP HANA, your business is much better equipped to manage, handle and even go above, the Big Data trends. Not only will you be able to process a larger amount of data, but, thanks to modifications in the way the data is stored and accessed, you’ll also be able to make use of a much wider category of data.
2. Real-Time Analytic Capability: The In-memory feature of SAP HANA ensures that you’ll spend less time transferring data from one location to the other. This drastically cuts down the amount of time that is needed to carry out even the most complex and comprehensive reports.
3. Scalable Solutions: No business is aiming at remaining static, therefore, one major benefit of migrating to the SAP HANA software is that, when your business needs increases and your business grows, you can easily increase the size of your SAP HANA solution.
4. Flexibility and Versatility: One of the greatest advantages of SAP HANA is that it is compatible with other databases, hardware, and software, thereby it one of the broadest and widely used data solutions available. This means that your team can reach greater analytic capabilities, without giving up the interfaces that they trust.
1. Create next-generation applications that exploit the digital economy.
2. Learn how to develop and deploy applications that leverage the SAP HANA Application Services (XS Engine) within the SAP HANA platform.
3. Career Opportunities And Advancement
4. Entrepreneurial Opportunities And Consultancy
5. Improve Your Earning Potential
SAP HANA - Introduction
SAP HANA - Overview
SAP HANA - Studio
SAP HANA - System Monitor
SAP HANA - Information Modeler
SAP HANA - Core Architecture
SAP HANA - Modeling
SAP HANA - Data Warehouse
SAP HANA - Tables
SAP HANA - Packages
SAP HANA - Attribute View
SAP HANA - Analytic View
SAP HANA - Calculation View
SAP HANA - Analytic Privileges
SAP HANA - Information Composer
SAP HANA - Export and Import
SAP HANA - Reporting
SAP HANA - Security
SAP HANA - Data Replication
SAP HANA - Monitoring
SAP HANA - SQL
SAP HANA - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!