Mobile Security is defined as the protection of smartphones, laptops, tablets and other portable computing devices, and the networks that they connect to, from the general threats and vulnerabilities that are associated with Wireless Computing. Mobile Security is also known as Wireless Security.
Mobile Security involves protecting both your personal and business information that is stored on and transmitted from Mobile devices. The term Mobile Security is a wide and broad one that covers everything from protecting mobile devices from malware threats down to reducing risks and securing your mobile devices and their data in the case of unauthorized access, theft or the accidental loss of your mobile device.
Mobile security is also used to refers to the way by which a mobile device can authenticate its users and protect or block access to the data that is stored on the device through the use of personal identification numbers (PINs), passwords, pattern screen locks or a more advanced form of authentication like fingerprint readers, retina (eye) scanners and other kinds of biometric readers.
Securing mobile devices has become an increasingly important job in present times because, as the numbers of the devices in operation and the uses to which they are put have expanded dramatically so have the risks associated with data loss from those devices. The problem is also vastly increased within the enterprise as the current trend toward IT consumerization is resulting in more and more employee-owned mobile devices connecting to the organization’s corporate network.
Corporate data leakage is a huge issue for organizations and probably not malware, Organizations can ensure data protection by taking a more practical and systematic approach to evaluate mobile and endpoint security vendor products, organizations can choose the solution that meets the defined requirements and can be integrated into the existing architecture. Some of these components are:
1. Patch Management: Patching is a very important feature for PCs, Laptops, Mobile Devices. The organization needs to understand its operational model and determine which team in the organization is responsible for the security of the platform.
2. Configuration Management: This is defining and enforcing minimal configuration policies that dictate device settings, unauthorized applications, the presence of fully functional and updated antivirus, and the state of running services on the device. Organizations should have a clear set of policies that govern the configuration that should be set for devices if they are connecting to the corporate environment.
3. Container Approach: A container can significantly increase the control organizations have over corporate data. Mobile device security platforms are increasingly supporting containerization to address the melding of personal and business data on employee-owned devices.
4. Application Security: A software should be able to extend controls on both built-in apps on the mobile device and third-party applications that the user downloads. Applying the container approach would mean that controls can persist within the container, giving end-users the freedom to use the personal part of their device without hindrance. Mobile security products should be able to restrict certain mobile apps from accessing corporate resources, contacts, and other device data.
5. Encrypted Connection And Encrypted Data: A mobile security platform should support the certified encryption algorithms that matter most to an organization. Organizations should also consider enforcing policies that mandate users to connect to internal systems via VPN tunnels to prevent snooping and man-in-the-middle attacks, that could occur when employees connect via an open WiFi network.
There are lots of Features of Mobile Security and some of them are:
1. Antivirus software: An antivirus software, which is also known as an anti-malware, is a mobile software program that is used to prevent, find out, and remove malware from mobile devices.
2. Secure Coding: Secure coding is the practice and process of developing computer software in a way that protects it against the accidental introduction of mobile security vulnerabilities. Defects, logic flaws, and bugs are consistently the root cause of most commonly exploited software vulnerabilities.
3. Authentication: Authentication is the process of proving that a particular is the rightful owner of a device, such as the identity of a mobile device user.
4. Firewall: In computing terms, a firewall is a computer network security software system that monitors and controls all the traffic that enters and leaves a network based on already defined security rules. A firewall typically creates a barrier between a trusted internal network and an untrusted external network, for example, the Internet.
5. Authorization: Authorization is the process of specifying access rights/privileges to private resources, which is related to information security on mobile computing devices and security in general and to access control in particular.
6. Encryption: In cryptography, encryption is defined as the process of encoding pieces of information in a way that only persons that are authorized can have access to the information and those who are not authorized cannot.
There are many benefits you get from Mobile Security and some of them are:
1. Your sensitive data is protected.
2. You’re protected against malware.
3. You’re not vulnerable to malware, and virus attacks.
4. You can delete your data on lost devices automatically, and remotely.
5. The best mobile security applications will let you know when updates are necessary.
1. With knowledge of Mobile Security, Your sensitive data would be protected.
2. With knowledge of Mobile Security, You’re protected against malware advertisers
3. By putting knowledge from this course in practice, you will not vulnerable to malware, and virus attacks.
4. Job Opportunity and Career Advancement.
5. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
Mobile Security - Introduction
Mobile Security - Attack Vectors
App Stores & Issues
Mobile Security - Mobile Spam
Mobile Security - Android OS
Mobile Security - Android Rooting
Mobile Security - Android Devices
Mobile Security - Android Tools
Mobile Security - Apple iOS
iOS Device Tracking Tools
Windows Phone OS
Mobile Security - BlackBerry OS
Mobile Security - BlackBerry Devices
Mobile Security - MDM Solution
SMS Phishing Countermeasures
Mobile Security - Protection Tools
Mobile Security - Pen Testing
Mobile Security - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!