Mobile Computing is defined as the human-computer interactivity, of which a Computer is expected to be taken to and fro during its normal usage, it allows for the communication of data, voice, and video. Mobile Computing also includes Mobile hardware, Mobile Communication, and Mobile software. Communication issues involve impromptu networks and infrastructure networks, also including Communication properties, Communication protocols, different formats of data and also concrete technologies. The hardware involves mobile devices or device components. Mobile software refers to the features and design of mobile applications.
In our present-day Computing world, several different technologies have come up. They have grown to harbor existing Computer networks all around the world. With Mobile Computing, we find out that the need to be close to someone's physical location to be able to communicate has been eradicated. We hear of words such as telecommunication, which refers to people being able to work from home or the field but also at the same time have access to work resources as if they are in the office.
The main essence of Mobile Computing is that gives one the ability to work from any location. The use of smartphones, iPods, tablets, notebooks, and smartphones, have increased the demand for these devices. Present-day workers have access to devices that allow them to carry out their work from the confines of their own location.
These mobile devices are built to access and store very large amounts of important data. Executive and top management could take decisions based on already generated information without going to the office. For example, sales reports and market forecasts can be gotten through these devices or you can have a meeting via video or audio conferencing through these devices. With such features being very high in demand, manufacturers are constantly coming up with applications built to support different services in terms of Mobile Computing.
1. Mobile communication: These are the infrastructure put in place to ensure that seamless and reliable communication takes place. It includes devices such as protocols, services, bandwidth, and portals necessary to facilitate and support the stated services.
2. Mobile hardware: This includes mobile devices or device components that receive or access the service of mobility. They would range from portable laptops, smartphones, Tablet PCs, Personal Digital Assistants. Above mentioned devices use an existing and established network to operate on. In most cases, it would be a wireless network.
3. Mobile software: This refers to the actual program that runs on mobile hardware. It is the operating system of the appliance. It is also an essential component that operates the mobile device.
Mobile Computing often starts with actual hardware inside a device, using microprocessors and memory chips for data storage, radiofrequency element handles power sourcing, this sends and receives signals over a wireless network.
Modern smartphones are a lot like computers, with modern mobile computing, data is also often delivered onto the Internet via the service provider’s telecom network. This hybrid system of communication is part of what aids mobile computing, users can access individual websites over their smartphones and on any device.
Some of the Features Of Mobile Computing include:
1. Portability: Devices and nodes that are connected within the Mobile Computing system should facilitate mobility, i.e it should allow the user to move around with it. These devices might have limited device features and a limited supply of power, but they should have enough processing capability and physical portability to work in a movable condition.
2. Connectivity: This makes up the quality of service of the network's connectivity. In a Mobile Computing system, the network availability is expected to be maintained at a very high level with a very minimal amount of lag or downtime without being affected by the mobility of the connected nodes.
3. Interactivity: The nodes that belong to a Mobile Computing system are connected to one another to allow for communication and collaboration through active transactions of data.
4. Individuality: A portable device or a mobile node that is connected to a Mobile network most time denotes an individual. A Mobile Computing system should be able to adopt the technology to cater to the individual needs and also to obtain contextual information of each node.
5. Availability of Pre-Integrated Apps:
Mobile apps have played a significant role in the adoption of smartphones, these apps perform different duties ranging from scheduling activities, reminders, and alerts, access to real-time information, etc.
6. Powerful Devices and Network:
With the emergence of smartphones and fast internet speed, get instant access to information for both personal use and the workplace.
7. Gain Competitive Advantage: The use of mobile resources to interact with customers enables businesses and individuals to present themselves in a professional manner regardless of size, resources, or location.
8. Social Engagement: keep in touch with anyone at any time all over the world.
9. Personalization: You can customize your mobile computing needs to suit your personal needs.
There are many advantages of Mobile Computing, some of them are:
1. Mobile Computing eliminates paperwork
2. Mobile Computing brings about productive output in a lesser amount of time
3. Cost reduction
4. Better decision making
5. Improved customer relations
6. Greater accuracy
7. Increased ROI
8. Saves Time
9. Enhanced Productivity
10. Location Flexibility.
1. Study the design, development, and evaluation of mobile applications.
2. Provide solutions to problems that can be solved with mobile computing.
3. Enhance your problem-solving skills and prove your expertise with potential employers and friends.
4. Stay relevant in your chosen field, mobile computing as a career would be very much in demand even in the future.
5. Understanding system communications and network procedure
6. Improve your earning potential.
7. Be assured of Job Security and better chances of getting shortlisted for an interview.
Mobile Computing - Home
Mobile Computing - Brief Overview
Mobile Computing - Evolution
Mobile Computing - Classification
Mobile Computing - Advantages
Mobile Computing - Security Issues
Mobile Computing - Current Trends
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!