Machine Learning is the scientific study of the different statistical models and algorithms that computer systems make use of to carry out a specific function without using very concise and clear instructions, depending on data patterns and inference instead.
Machine Learning or ML is regarded as a branch of artificial intelligence. Machine learning algorithms are used to develop a mathematical model that is based on sample data, referred to as "training data", in order to obtain predictions or decisions without being precisely coded to carry out the task. Various algorithms of Machine Learning are utilized in a wide range of software applications, such as computer vision and email filtering, in which it is very hard or not possible to build a regular algorithm for efficiently executing the task.
Machine Learning is related closely to computational statistics, which entirely focuses on constructing predictions by using computers. The study of mathematical optimization presents several methods, theory and application areas to the field of machine learning. In its various applications across business problems, carrying out machine learning is also referred to as carrying out predictive analytics.
The Computational Analysis of Machine Learning algorithms and their performance is a branch of the theoretical computer science field that is known as Computational Learning Theory. Because the training sets for the algorithms are finite and the future is not certain, the learning theory does not always produce guaranteed results of the performance of algorithms. Instead, probabilistic limitations on performance are quite common.
1. Supervised Learning: This is also called inductive learning. Supervised learning is the machine learning task of learning a function that maps an input to an output based on example input-output pairs. Training data includes the desired outputs.
2. Unsupervised Learning: This is a type of machine learning algorithm used to draw inferences from datasets consisting of input data without labeled responses. Training data does not include the desired outputs. An example is clustering. It is hard to tell what is good learning and what is not.
3. Semi-supervised Learning: This is an approach to machine learning that combines a small amount of labeled data with a large amount of unlabeled data during training. Training data includes a few desired outputs.
4. Reinforcement Learning: This is an area of machine learning concerned with how software agents ought to take actions in an environment in order to maximize some notion of cumulative reward. Reinforcement learning is one of three basic machine learning paradigms, alongside supervised learning and unsupervised learning. Rewards from a sequence of actions. AI types like it, it is the most ambitious type of learning.
Some of the applications you can build with machine learning algorithm include:
1. Web Search: This is ranking of web pages based on what you are most likely to click on.
2. Computational Biology: This is rational design drugs in the computer-based on past experiments.
3. E-Commerce: This is used to predict transactions to determine it’s authenticity and prevent fraud.
4. Space Exploration: This refers to space probes and radio astronomy.
5. Robotics: Handling uncertainty in new environments.
6. Information Extraction: Extracting data across databases on the web
7. Finance: Used to decide where to invest money, decide who to send what credit card offers to. Evaluation of risk on credit offers.
8. Social Networks: Using machine learning to extract value from data on relationships and preferences.
9. Debugging: Used in computer science problems like debugging. Labor-intensive process, including suggestions for the possible location of the bug.
Some of the features of Machine Learning are:
1. Machine Learning presents us with the ability to carry out automated data visualization.
2. Machine Learning ensures that automation is done at its best.
3. Machin Learning brings about better customer engagement like never before.
4. Machine Learning presents you with the ability to take efficiency to the next level when combined together with IoT
5. Machine Learning produces accurate data analysis.
There are lots of benefits of Machine Learning and some of them are:
1. Simplifies Product Marketing and Assists in Accurate Sales Forecasts: Machine Learning helps you to predict valuable outcomes that will help to promote your business better and make accurate sales forecasts. ML offers a large benefit to both the sales and marketing sectors.
2. Facilitates Accurate Medical Predictions and Diagnoses: In the healthcare industry, Machine Learning helps you to easily identify patients that are of high-risks, make almost perfect diagnoses, recommend the best possible medicines for their illness, and predict readmissions.
3. Simplifies Time-Intensive Documentation in Data Entry: Duplication of data and inaccuracy of Data are the major issues that are being faced by organizations that want to automate their data entry process. This situation can be greatly improved by the use of predictive modeling and machine learning algorithms. With this, machines and systems can carry out time-consuming data entry tasks, therefore, leaving your skilled resources free to completely focus on other duties that are value-adding.
4. Improves Precision of Financial Rules and Models: Machine Learning also has a very noticeable impact on the area of finance. Some of the commonly seen machine learning advantages in the finance sector include algorithmic trading, portfolio management, loan underwriting and most importantly, the detection of frauds. This helps in further improving the precision of financial models and rules.
1. Increase Efficiency: Studying machine learning makes you know how to automate stuff such as file automation using python scripts, etc.
2. Understand your customers: If you want to maintain a competitive edge over other businesses, you need to know what your customers need. Using ML can give you insights into what your customers need.
3. Detect Fraud: Machine learning can now help strengthen businesses’ fraud detection systems.
4. Use ML For Product Recommendation: Machine Learning picks up on the features of the items you previously searched, viewed, or bought, and even recommend products viewed and purchased by others.
5. Job Opportunities and Career Advancement
6. Increase Your Earning Potential
Machine Learning - Introduction
Machine Learning - Today's AI
Machine Learning - Traditional AI
Machine Learning - Categories
Machine Learning - Supervised
Machine Learning - Scikit-learn Algorithm
Machine Learning - Unsupervised
Machine Learning - Artificial Neural Networks
Machine Learning - Deep Learning
Machine Learning - Skills
Machine Learning - Implementing
Machine Learning - Conclusion
Machine Learning - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!