Instagram is an online photo-sharing social networking service that allows its users to share their life and experiences with their friends and the general public or a selected audience through a list of photos taken with a mobile device or any other digital camera.
Instagram marketing is defined as the way by which businesses and brands use Instagram to connect and engage with their target audiences and market their products or services. Lately, Instagram has gained popularity as a medium for brands to recruit new employees, show off their cultures, engage with potential and active customers, and show off their products in a new light.
Instagram’s social design plan was not just to influence the current social networks for sharing, but to develop its own, personal network. The value of a social network is primarily seen in its connections. Through Instagram, you can not just connect and share photos and videos with your friends, but you can also increase your professional and business network. Instagram can be used as a marketing strategy to market brand products and services.
Instagram is one of the most popular social networking and image sharing platforms and it has gained immense popularity over the years. It has grown to become one of the most fundamental social networks among people and business and it continues to develop in popularity with over 400+ million active users every month. It’s no wonder then why businesses of all forms and sizes are grabbing the opportunity to use Instagram as one of their main marketing platforms for creating their brand awareness. If used accurately, Instagram can be a great product marketing tool for all forms of business, whether you are selling a product or offering a service.
There are lots of Features of Instagram Marketing and some of them are:
1. Video Features: Instagram Video posts may already be familiar to you – they’re like regular photo posts, except they allow for video up to 60 seconds long. You can add a filter, a caption and tag your location before you share the post. Videos are known to generate more user engagement than photos. This can be very beneficial for brands that are looking to be caught by Instagram’s algorithm which tracks user engagement to determine if the content should be posted.
2. Stories Features: This is a huge addition to Instagram, stories content can be viewed as many times as you want within a 24-hour period. Other stories features include;
Unlimited story additions
Direct messaging within Stories
Video recording up to 15 seconds
Image viewing up to 10 seconds
Swipe down on the camera screen to unlock photos and videos from your personal camera roll (You can only access content on your camera roll from the last 7 days)
You can track the total number of views and which users have viewed your content
3. Push Notifications: As a business, you might not consider receiving notifications from accounts that you follow to be a priority. But, you absolutely want your followers to add notifications from you.
4. Ads Manager: Businesses can turn their organic posts into ads in the ad manager. This feature was previously disabled for existing posts without clicking the in-app promote button.
5. Filters: Instagram has lots of built-in photos and video filters to let you further enhance your photos and videos. There are 40 Instagram filters for you to get creative with when you’re posting new Instagram videos or photos. But, as a business, you’re going to want your content to be consistent in terms of brand image and style.
6. Multiple Account Features: Instagram allows you to have multiple accounts and this lets you to easily switch between your business and personal accounts.
7. IGTV: Instagram recently added its IGTV feature which lets you create an hour-long TV-like video presentation of your product. This is big news for content creators who are into video content – one of the fastest-growing trends in content marketing as over 80% of businesses are using video marketing.
8. Live Video: Live video is so much different than the Instagram video mentioned above because it’s live, followers get a push notification telling them you’re going live, they can comment on or like your Live Video stream in real-time, the video is gone after you end it (it doesn’t save to your account).
9. Hyperlink & Hashtags: Instagram lets you add hyperlink username and hashtags, When you type an @ or #, the username or hashtag that follows will automatically be hyperlinked. This is good for businesses as it is another way to get followers to engage with other accounts you own or branded hashtags your company uses.
There are lots of Benefits and Advantages of using Instagram for marketing and some of them are.
1. On Instagram, you can invite more users to window-shop.
2. You can promote your brand to reach a wider audience with Instagram.
3. With Instagram, you can easily attract fans and boost sales of products.
4. Instagram’s Ad platform has access to one of the most advanced social media Advertising targeting options available.
5. Sales and Leads Are easily trackable through Instagram Ads So You can see a clear return on investment.
6. Instagram clearly separates personal profiles from business profiles.
7. Instagram’s User Base Allows You To reach and connect Into a previously unreached customer base.
8. With Instagram Marketing, you will build an audience that will stay connected With Your brand.
9. With Instagram Marketing, you will strengthen your relationship with your followers and potential customers.
10. With Instagram Marketing, you will easily learn the likes and dislikes of your customers.
1. Grow your brand
2. Earn more through driving purchases via advertising your products
3. Connect with a wide audience, using the discovery feature can help navigate visitors to your business page and who knows, they can be converted to purchase a product.
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!