Information technology mostly abbreviated as IT is the use of computers to accept, store, recover, send, and manipulate data or information. IT is basically used within the sector of business operations as objected to personal or entertainment technologies. IT is thought to be a subset of information and communications technology (ICT). An information technology system is commonly an Information System, a Communications System or, more precisely speaking, a Computer System that includes all the hardware, software, and peripheral equipment that are operated by a small and restricted group of users.
IT is regarded as a subset of information and communications technology (ICT). An IT system is generally a communications system, an information system, or, more specifically speaking, a computer system.
Companies that are in the information technology department are often referred to as belonging to the "tech sector" or the "tech industry". Many companies now have an Information Technology department for managing the networks, computers, and other technical areas of their business operations.
In an academic setting, the Association that is responsible for Computing Machinery describes Information Technology as "undergraduate degree programs that are used to equip and develop students to meet up with the Computer Technology needs of a business, healthcare, government, schools, and other kinds of organizations. IT specialists take up the duty of selecting both hardware and software products that are suitable for an organization, combining those products into organizational infrastructure and needs, and installing, maintaining and customizing those applications for the users of the organization's computers
The job of those that are working in this field comprises computer network administration, software programming/development, and installation, and the management and planning of an organization's technology life cycle, with which software and hardware are maintained, upgraded or replaced.
Information technology is made up of the following components, they are;
1. Computer Technology: The widespread use of computer technology has made magic development in the information transmission processes, in every field of human endeavor for decades. Computers provide extremely rapid access to the information that is necessary to support decision making in all areas. Computers are used for precision, accuracy, speed, and manipulation of large amounts of data involving complete operation.
2. Communication Technology: The recent IT revolution has transformed the communication-conscious human society into, an information global village in a short span of just two decades. The new technologies like the laser, fiber optics, telephone, teleprinter, telex, television dictaphone, silicon chip, Internet and many other telecommunication devices have come to constitute an important and inevitable component of the written and oral communication media network. These modern communication technologies have the potential to bypass several stages and sequences in the process of development encountered in the earlier decades.
3. Telecommunication Technology: Telecommunications are devices and techniques used for transmission of information over long distances via wire, radio/satellite without damaging/loss due to noise and interference. The major trends in telecommunications at present are a fundamental shift from mechanical to electrical furthermore, electronic, and within electronic, analog to digital modes of transmission involving all types of communications voice, facsimile, computer transmission, TV communicators, microwave and satellite communications, and radio links.
4. Satellite Communication Technology: Communication Satellites have some interesting properties that make them attractive for many applications. A communication satellite can be thought of like a big microwave repeater in the sky. It contains several transponders, each of which listens to some portion of the spectrum, amplifies the incoming signal and then rebroadcasts it at another frequency, to avoid interference with the incoming signals.
5. Computer Communication Technology: Computing and communication are natural allies. Both concern information when computing, we manipulate and transform information; we transport information.
There are many features of Information Technology and some of them are:
1. The development of Information Technology has made the education system easier, simpler and widespread. Now, even people who are in remote areas can also make use of technology for their children’s education and also enjoy the benefits of adult education.
2. Information Technology allows for fast economic development.
3. Information Technology helps in the development of remote areas.
4. Information Technology helps the police in nabbing criminals.
5. The judiciary and other administrative services can also make use of Information Technology to make their work faster and easier.
6. Knowledge of computers is an essential feature of Information Technology as computers are used to make very tedious tasks easier.
There are lots of benefits of Information Technology and some of them are:
1. Information Technology allows for remote accessibility of information.
2. Information Technology brings about the creation of new jobs
3. Information Technology makes the educational sector easier and more enhanced.
4. Information technology in the health sector allows for the development of more sophisticated drugs and medicinal procedures.
5. Information Technology brings about more advancement in economies.
6. Information Technology allows you to communicate news articles more efficiently
7. The Entertainment industry is greatly affected by Information Technology as it made it easier to be distributed across remote locations.
8. Information Technology brings about effective communication.
9. Information Technology brings about more accurate and speedy processing of information
1. Career Choices: Information technology is diverse, and you can choose from a variety of career paths.
2. Flexible Work Lifestyle: Working in a field in IT means having the ability to work on your own terms.
3. Always On-demand: There’s an ever-increasing need for professionals in the IT field, the better your skill the more in demand you would be.
4. Increase Your Earning Potential: Working in the IT industry and combined with a good skill-set, guarantees good pay.
5. Entrepreneurship Opportunity and Consultancy.
Number System and Codes
Computer Components and Information Processing Cycle
Hardware and Software
Communication and Networks
Internet and Network Security
Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!