FuelPHP is an open-source web application development framework that is designed for programmers who need a simple yet powerful toolkit to design and develop full-featured web applications. The development of FuelPHP started in 2010.
FuelPHP is an open-source web application development framework that is written in PHP 5.3 and it implements the HMVC software architecture pattern. HMVC is the acronym for the Hierarchical Model-View-Controller framework which allows developers to sub-request the controller, which then returns the partial page such as menus, comments, sidebar, etc, instead of returning the complete page as seen in normal MVC frameworks.
FuelPHP was designed with the need to combine best web development practices from various frameworks such as Kohana and CodeIgniter with major improvements and ideas of its own. The FuelPHP database migration tool and scaffolding functionalities are motivated by the popular Ruby on Rails web development framework.
FuelPHP completely follows an object-oriented programing approach. Its architecture is based on the principle of modularity. the full application can be divided into modules and sub-modules, also, every component can be either extended or replaced without the need to rewrite a single line of code. FuelPHP supports any template parser such as PHPTal, Smarty, Twig, etc. for parsing its views.
What makes FuelPHP one of the most unique and premier web development frameworks used by PHP developers is that any new version of FuelPHP is backward compatible with older versions because it has a very stable API.
FuelPHP offers a lot of features to create a full-fledged web application. It also provides flexible web components, a very simple configuration, an easy-to-use ORM, an application development model that is REST-based, etc.
The following are some of its notable features:
1. (H)MVC: FuelPHP is a Model-View-Controller (MVC) framework, but was also built to support the HMVC variant of MVC. The Hierarchical Model-View-Controller (HMVC) is a way of separating logic and then reusing the controller logic in multiple places. This means that when a web page is generated using a theme or a template section, it can be split into multiple sections, using this approach, components are reusable.
2. Easy Configure and Reuse: FuelPHP was configured in a way that can be extended without effect on its core. It does this by introducing packages - which is a self-contained functionality that can be shared between projects and people. which can be installed using the Composer tool
3. Portable: FuelPHP is very portable and can work on almost any development and deployment server.
4. Flexible Routing: FuelPHP has a very flexible URI routing system.
5. FuelPHP gives developers support for RESTful API development: FuelPHP includes several classes, these include controllers that help with templates, one for constructing RESTful APIs, and another that combines both templates and RESTful APIs. On the model side, base classes include CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) operations. There is a model for soft deletion of records, one for nested sets, and lastly a temporal model. This is an easy way of keeping revisions of data.
6. FuelPHP has a lightweight ORM model: FuelPHP also comes with an Object Relation Mapper (ORM) package that helps in working with various databases through an object-oriented approach. The ORM also supports data relations such as belongs-to, has-one, has-many, many-to-many relationships
7. Input Filtering: FuelPHP comes with an input filtering feature that prevents SQL injection.
8. FuelPHP comes with a secure authentication and authorization framework: FuelPHP will encode all the output to ensure that it’s secure and is capable of avoiding Cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. It gives a good basis for user authentication and login functionality. It can be extended using drivers for new authentication methods. Some of the basics such as groups, basic ACL functions, and password hashing can be handled directly in the authentication framework.
9. Template Parser: FuelPHP supports many template languages, such as Twig, Markdown, Smarty, and HTML Abstraction Markup Language (Haml). The parser package makes it even easier to separate logic from views instead of embedding basic PHP into the views.
FuelPHP is a nice and beautiful HMVC PHP 5.3 framework that comes with a set of components for designing and building web applications and the following are some of its benefits and the advantages:
1. Modular structure: FuelPHP does not force you to use any modules or any HMVC file structure. If you want to use FuelPHP, the process of setting it up is quite easy. FuelPHP web apps are designed and developed in a modular structure and it makes it easier for developers, with very visible benefits.
2. HMVC pattern: The most important feature of this FuelPHP is the HMVC (Hierarchical Model View Controller) pattern which makes it very easy to access or use any properties, functions, class methods or files at higher levels.
3. Secure hashing function: FuelPHP offers support for strong cryptography tools and password hashing techniques to hash passwords in your database. It handles hashing, encryption, and decryption, by using the powerful PHPSecLib.
4. Scaffolding functionality: Scaffolding is a method of meta-programming for building database processes. FuelPHP scaffolding is very easy. It allows you to develop a basic CRUD application with very simple steps and minimal efforts.
1. Enhance your knowledge of OOP, and the MVC pattern
2. Create full-featured web applications
3. Easy to learn
4. Career Opportunities And Advancement
5. Entrepreneurship Opportunity And Consultancy
6. Increase Your Earning Potential
FuelPHP - Introduction
FuelPHP - Installation
FuelPHP - Architecture Overview
FuelPHP - Simple Web Application
FuelPHP - Configuration
FuelPHP - Controllers
FuelPHP - Routing
FuelPHP - Requests & Response
FuelPHP - Views
FuelPHP - Presenters
FuelPHP - Models & Database
FuelPHP - Form Programming
FuelPHP - Validation
Advanced Form Programming
FuelPHP - File Uploading
FuelPHP - Ajax
FuelPHP - HMVC Request
FuelPHP - Themes
FuelPHP - Modules
FuelPHP - Packages
Cookie & Session Management
FuelPHP - Events
FuelPHP - Email Management
FuelPHP - Profiler
Error Handling & Debugging
FuelPHP - Unit Testing
FuelPHP - Exams And Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!
The Scholarship offer is a discount program to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $70 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD. - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2020. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.
Don't have an account? Create your account to Start Learning!