CCTV known as Closed Circuit Television is a self-surveillance security system designed for monitoring activities in both private and public places.
CCTV can also be defined as a surveillance system that allows video cameras to transmit direct signals with the help of a wire/wireless connection to a specific location. The signal transmitted is not broadcasted but can be stored in a storage device with the help of DVR for record keeping and future use. The reason why it is called a Closed Circuit Television is its characteristics of direct transmission and not broadcasted.
1. CCTV provides close monitoring security in both private and public places such as stores, event centers etc.
2. CCTV helps in monitoring our offices including financial institutions such as banks etc.
3. It provides security surveillance for protection of people in places of gathering such as events, clubs, market places etc.
4. CCTV helps in protection from theft and loss of property.
5. CCTV provides 24/7 monitoring service.
6. It provides job opportunity for CCTV professionals.
7. It serves as a source of self-employment.
8. They are used in deterring crimes.
9. They monitor busy places and help to secure property and life.
10. CCTV helps to keep past and present occurences for future use.
11. CCTV provide surveillance system for a house or work even when the owner is far away, can still monitor his asset from anyway using a remote system.
12. CCTV helps onlooker and investigators to be aware of certain occurrences before taking an action.
CCTV system provides security surveillance protection of people, assets, offices and the environment at large. A CCTV system comprises of mini cameras, recorders, drives and monitors. CCTV links a camera to a video monitor, using direct transmission system. This is unlike broadcast television where the signal is transmitted over the air and viewed with a television.
3. BNC connectors
4. Video Cable
A number of considerations must be taken into account when designing the power distribution system for CCTV. Therefore, it is prudent to consult licensed electrical engineers in the design and installation of a CCTV power distribution system. Inadequate power supply is one of the most common problems with CCTV equipment and can often be the cause of erratic or sporadic equipment behavior.
Proper CCTV system performance requires a clean, adequate power source. For example, it is possible for power to fluctuate considerably on hot days when air conditioning units overload power grids. Therefore, agencies should plan accordingly and specify power conditioning or backups as needed. The stability of the input power to CCTV equipment can be determined by taking several readings of the voltage and current levels over a short time period, or by using a voltage recorder for long-term monitoring.
Inadequate power supply can affect the quality of the video across the entire CCTV system. Placement of power components is an important design consideration. Placing low-voltage power components near high-voltage lines can induce currents in the low-voltage system, presenting a hazard to personnel and equipment. Alternatively, placing a power source too far away can cause power fluctuations and also drive the installation costs up due to the larger conductor sizes needed to reduce voltage drop over long distances.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about CCTV Systems and Installation with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
CCTV - Introduction/Overview
CCTV - System Requirements
CCTV - System Design Considerations
CCTV - Cameras
CCTV - Lenses
CCTV - Housing and Mounts
CCTV - Video Monitors
CCTV - Switchers and Multiplexers
CCTV - Video Recorders
CCTV - Wired Transmission
CCTV - Wireless Transmission
CCTV - Network Transmission
CCTV - Media Storage
CCTV - Scalable Network Storage
CCTV - Video Analytics
CCTV - Systems Approach
CCTV - Components Integration
CCTV - Digital Technologies
CCTV - Improvements to Existing Technology
CCTV - Major IT Trends
CCTV - Selection Criteria
CCTV - Vendor Resources
CCTV - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.