A Blog is a discussion or informational website released on the World Wide Web with discrete, often casual text entries in the style of a diary. Typically, posts in blogs are presented in reverse chronological order, so that the latest post appears at the top of the web page first.
Blog is the shortened word for Weblog. A Weblog is a website that operates like a diary. Most people can create a blog and then write on that blog or get authors to write on it. Bloggers which is a word for people who write on blogs often write about their opinions and thoughts.
A Blog containing video material is called a Video Blog or Video Log, usually shortened to Vlog. Most blogs contain short informal articles known as blog posts which includes videos, pictures, texts and other media.
There are many reasons and benefits of owning or starting a blog and here are just a few reasons why you should consider a personal blog or starting one for your business:
1. Blogging can be a lucrative business that anyone including beginners with limited or zero experience can start. A student, for example can own a personal blog which he or she can use to write about articles of his personal interest, or voice out his opinion, latest trends in school and in turn, earn from the blog by either monetizing the blog with display of ads from ad networks like Google Adsense, referral links, or offer paid services in his blog.
2. A Blog is a mini website that is updated regularly with new contents. People blog about their personal life, entertainment, lifestyle, cooking and so many other things of their interest. A blogger can either make their blog about their personal life experiences or other things.
3. For Business Owners, you will need to rank your website higher in Google Search engine result pages (SERPs) to increase your business visibility to potential customers, and you can easily do so by having a blog section on your website where you write articles around the products you sell, linking the articles to your products.
4. Asides advertising your products with blogging, you can also monetize your blog with Paid Adverts, Pop-up Ads, Promotional Posts, Sponsored Posts, Media Mentions etc.
5. The more frequent and useful your blog articles are, the higher and better the chances for your website to be discovered and frequented by your target audience. Which means, a blog is an effective lead generation tool of which can convert your website organic traffic to quality leads.
6. You can create posts with deep links from your blog to relevant content on your website, for example, we can blog about Microsoft Word tutorials then add links to our Microsoft Course here to let visitors who search about the keyword on search engines see a better learning path.
1. Studying blog basics helps you to gain updated blogging skills and know what blogging is all about.
2. Studying blogging makes you know the do’s and don’ts of blogging.
3. Studying blogging helps you gain necessary skills for monetizing your blog.
4. Blogging creates job opportunity and self-employment opportunity.
5. Studying blogging helps people to know what to blog and how to blog, including the type of information to put and how a blog should look like.
6. Studying blogging helps to gain necessary skills for increasing your company visibility online.
There are many features of a blog, here is a list of the most popular features most blogs share in common.
1. Blog Entries: Blog entries are posted in reverse-chronological order, with post running from the most recent at the top of a page and older ones at the bottom.
2. Blog Posts: Blog posts usually have a title with bold font that describes or is related to the content of the post.
3. Create Posts: Since the purpose of having a blog is to be able to post new text or information to the site frequently, every blog have a create post feature, an easy way is to install the popular Content Management System Wordpress to create and manage post.
4. Publish RSS Feeds: RSS allows more tech-savvy users to subscribe to your blog and get headlines via any RSS reader of their choice.
5. Upload or Embed pictures and multimedia: All blogs have a way to upload or embed pictures and video files to it.
6. Templating: Every blog has a way to upload and edit a template to customize the blog's look and feel to look more presentable to users.
7. Site-Structure: Most blogs have the same structure from the header with navigation to the main content area, sidebars, down to the footer.
8. Comment System: Blogs usually have a comment system, and its sole purpose is to allow discussion about the post and to allow the reader to give constructive feedback to the author.
9. Content Sharing: Blogs have a way to share posts either directly from the site or copying the URL to friends or on social media platforms.
Some of the things you will study in this course include:
How to be a professional blogger, the different types of blogs and different types of bloggers including why people blog. You will learn that anybody of any age can be a blogger depending on what you want to blog about.
Microblog platforms like Twitter and Facebook and how you can add links and short words so that other people can know about your blog. You will learn how you can make money from blogging.
You will learn that people blog about what they have Interest in and what they find interesting, and that blogs should contain words that people can read and understand. How you can create your blogging goals, how to get people to subscribe to your blog and how to make your blogs interesting for users to come back.
You will learn how to create a blog name, topic and the title of blog posts, such that it should not be too long or too bulky including blog designs, templates and how to professionally write a blog post. How much time to commit to your blog and also the type of information you want to share.
You will learn about licensing and copywriting, fair use and the implications of illegal copying of other people's work. You will also learn positioning your blog for visibility on search engines using various tactics and techniques etc.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Blogging Basics with Diploma Certificate to showcase your knowledge and competence.
Blog Basics - Introduction
Blog Basics - Subscribing to Blogs
Blog Basics - Developing Your Blog
Blog Basics - Choosing a Blog Service
Blog Basics - Writing and Promoting Your Blog
Blog Basics - Copyright and Fair Use
Blog Basics - Practical Blogging for Beginners and Pros
Blog Basics - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. A Subsidiary of Scholars Global Tech. All Rights Reserved.