Apache Impala is a native analytic database for Apache Hadoop. Its planning target at a high quality, high performance and low latency analytics queries to be done on data stored in Apache Hadoop file.
1. Apache Impala is a massively distributed C++ and Java querying engine which allows analysis, transformation and combination of data from various sources.
2. Apache Impala makes use of all file format, data format and metadata, resource management used by Apache Hadoop deployment.
3. Apache Impala also integrates with Apache Hive database to share database and database tables with both components.
4. Apache Impala aims at creating more opportunities for both SQL queries and BI application users to interact with more data through the same repository and metadata store from source through analysis.
5. Apache Impala provides a high performance SQL engine that makes way for fast access to that stored in Apache Hadoop file system.
6. Unlike other traditional analytics database, Apache Impala combines SQL support and multi user performance with the flexibility and scalability of Hadoop, it does this by using HBase, Matastore, HDFS, and YARN which are standard components.
7. Apache Impala architecture implements a distributed architecture based on Daemon process, this is responsible for all its query execution that runs on the same machines.
8. Apache Impala grants you the opportunity to access data stored in CDH without having Java skills, and allows you to integrate existing CDH ecosystem.
9. When it comes to speed of return of result, Apache Impala gives you a better speed compared to the time required by Hive queries.
Some of features of Apache Impala include:
1. Fast access to data in HDFS,
2. Storage of data in HDFS systems,
3. Integration with business intelligent tools,
4. Support for various file formats, and
5. Support for in-memory data processing.
6. Ability to process data stored in HDFS,
7. No data transformation is required,
8. No data movement is required for data stored.
It is also important to note that impala does not support serialization and deserialization, it can only read text file, and the table must be refreshed whenever new data is added.
In the Full Course, you will learn everything you need to know about Apache Impala with Certification upon successful completion of the exams.
Apache Impala - Introduction
Apache Impala - Environment
Apache Impala - Architecture
Apache Impala - Shell
Apache Impala - Query Language Basics
Apache Impala - Create a Database
Apache Impala - Drop a Database
Apache Impala - Select a Database
Apache Impala - Create Table Statement
Apache Impala - Insert Statement
Apache Impala - Select Statement
Apache Impala - Describe Statement
Apache Impala - Alter Table
Apache Impala - Drop a Table
Apache Impala - Truncate a Table
Apache Impala - Show Tables
Apache Impala - Create View
Apache Impala - Alter View
Apache Impala - Drop a View
Apache Impala - Order By Clause
Apache Impala - Group By Clause
Apache Impala - Having Clause
Apache Impala - Limit Clause
Apache Impala - Offset Clause
Apache Impala - Union Clause
Apache Impala - With Clause
Apache Impala - Distinct Operator
Apache Impala - Exams and Certification
Login & Study At Your Pace
500+ Relevant Tech Courses
300,000+ Enrolled Students
The Scholarship offer gives you opportunity to take our Course Programs and Certification valued at $50 USD for a reduced fee of $7 USD - Offer Closes Soon!!
Copyrights © 2019. SIIT - Scholars International Institute of Technology. All Rights Reserved.